Saturday, 26 September 2015


After a couple of nights on the world's quietest stellplatz in Tatzschwitz and having done a very long ride round the big lakes near Senftenberg we arrive in Dresden

We are parked on a dedicated stelllatz just 1km along the Elbe river from the Altstadt and are immediately bowled over by the city

The F├╝rstenzug (Saxon Sovereigns)

The Zwinger Palace

How it looked in 1945

Beautiful Neumarkt area which seemed very tranquil for a large city

No we didn't visit here

The Frauenkirche only recently completely restored

Both Hoffbrahaus and Augustiner breweries have fine establishments here, as we found out...

Very 'Nimble'

'The Fatherland, for Beauty & Honour"

The statue atop the Frauenkirche, paid for by the Brits as part of its restoration 

Seat commemorating the exclusion of Jews from the ramparts overlooking the Elbe

Dresden night skyline (Thanks Google)