Saturday 23 February 2019

The Passing of Mum


On the morning of 3 Feb my beautiful Mum passed away peacefully ....

She died in her sleep at Mansfield Manor Nursing Home where she'd been for the past five years after  succumbing to a chest infection

I can't begin to let the world know what my mum meant to Nina & Me, my family or the many folks that interacted with her during her time on Planet Earth but she was a beautiful lady in mind and body who always saw the good in people and who always had a cheery smile for everyone....

This Lady was my Rock...

She never judged, was always sympathetic, quietly guiding but always, always there...

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Marlene my sister kept me informed throughout the final days of Mum's life and we shared many calls and this helped us immensely particularly at the end as we felt as if we were there in the room with her despite the distance in between

I flew back alone a day before the funeral to RV with Martyn and Family and we gathered ourselves for Mum's funeral the next day on 19 Feb. Nina as you can imagine was beside herself with grief not being able to fly home with me and we can't thank her parents Lynda & Terry enough for being here in Spain to support Nina with care at this time

I have to say the actual funeral, dreaded by most as being very sad events, actually for me was a hugely uplifting event...

Sharon, a lay preacher and recent carer for my Mum, gave a wonderful service at the Crematorium focusing on my Mum's ability to make us smile, support and direct us, and above all the Love she had for us all.
She read a very nice reading created by her great grandchildren and together as a family we sent her gracefully on her way....

A nice get together after saw a fragmented Family brought together by the love of a wonderful Mother, Grandmother and Great Grandmother

My Mum...Thankyou so much for being my Rock.....


Edith Irmgard Ender (Hudson)
Born 8 March 1929
Passed away 3 February 2019




No comments:

Post a Comment